Detaching means choosing to have a peaceful and happy mind, no matter what the outside conditions are. You are not being asked to withdraw, cut yourself off, shut yourself off or distance yourself from experiences, or deny the joy of anything. Instead, you are invited to respond creatively rather than reacting emotionally to the life unfolding before you.
Do not allow your happiness or inner peace to depend on anything outside of your mind including acquiring material things, finding fulfilling relationships, or approving or agreeing with others. You should only have confidence in following your heart and be genuine at all times.
Detach and let go e. Travel lightly through life!
Being detached from the world is a puzzling life lesson because one of the big reasons you are drawn to a path is that you desire to create a more comfortable existence for yourself. Asking yourself to let go of this strong lure of your desires can be like taking yourself to a candy store and then telling yourself that you can’t eat sweets.
Why not get rid of any unnecessary material items? It is important to be comfortable and worry free; it is perfectly okay to manifest and enjoy all that is beautiful and enriching experiences. Just remember that creating is vital, but not possessing.
Don’t fall into the trap of needing or holding onto what you’ve gained in your life – or painfully holding back the fear of not getting what you want – because the price is your peace of mind. the mind. The ego likes to keep the bar high on what it thinks it needs to feel safe, and it is never satisfied. In fact, ego attachments never allow tranquility. The more you are able to let go, to change them into choices rather than needs, the more calm and unfazed you will remain.
How to live detachment in love
- Start your day by writing your Thanks.
- Donate the things you no longer need.
- Offer compliments, smiles, and appreciation if you feel you can’t contribute something material.
- Pay attention to your attachments and notice how much pain they give you.
- Attend a funeral to remember what is important.
- Pick a huge rock and carry it with you all day. See this object as a representation of your attachments and notice how heavy and painful it is.
- Whenever you get annoyed, exasperated, or fearful, say out loud, “loosen up,” and imagine letting go of that bitterness.
- Whenever you get into an argument, take a break and ask yourself what you can let go.
- Have preferences, not needs.
- Enjoy the peace of mind and relaxation that comes from being carefree and free in life.
- Notice the grief that overwhelms others due to their addictions and be thankful that you got past that.
- Open your heart more and let go of past hurts as you appreciate the gifts you have received.
Giving and receiving love
The only thing worth pursuing in this incarnation is the experience of giving and receiving love.
It is the only aspect of earth travel that transcends with you as you transition from one plane to another. The more you love, the more you develop your soul. The root of non-attachment comes down to pure worship and acceptance.
If you rarely judge others and easily let things go; that you have experienced loss, but don’t think about it all the time, preferring to just be happy; that you are grateful for all you have and cannot believe the Universe has been so good to you; or feel prosperous and confident that your needs will be met… then you are on the path to mastering detachment in love.